1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Bootstrap navbar is displaying too <--- w i d e --> on mobile

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by JiminSA, Jun 19, 2018.

1. JiminSA

JiminSA Thread Starter

I have a website under development on my personal website click here
    I have torn my hair out trying to discover why the navbar is exceeding the width of the viewport:confused:
    TSG.png
    Above is the resulting display after swiping left!
    If you follow the link and get into mobile mode (F12 on Google Chrome, you'll see what I mean)
    During trouble shooting I've done, it seems that the problem will most likely have nothing to do with the navbar, but will lie with an element within the page that exceeds the viewport width (i.e. not responsive).

I cannot find such an element and am at my wit's end:mad:
    Any guidance will be greatly appreciated!

2. JiminSA

JiminSA Thread Starter

Found the offender!;)
    The way I found it was to go into my Dev Tools = (F12 on Chrome) swipe left on the 'too wide ' screen and then I highlighted each element until I found the one that overflowed - simple really, but then again, so am I:rolleyes:

(@dvk01 actually pointed out the Dev Tools troubleshooting methodology some time ago, but I'd forgotten it!:oops: - "Old-Timers" setting in!:whistle:)

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1211759

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice