1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bootup Nuisance

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by F-EMDE, Dec 31, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. F-EMDE

F-EMDE Thread Starter

On my other puter, AMD 450mh, Win98se, when it finishes bootup, the PROGRAM screen is open, asthough I had hit MY COMPUTER, D:, PROGRAM. It is not in the autoexec.bat and I can't find it anywhere. I had this problem a year ago but I forgot how I fixed it, at my age who can remember, christmas has come and gone hasn't it.
    Fred

2. ViperFan

ViperFan

First Name:
    Charlie
    Yes, Fred, Christmas has come and gone! hehehe. As for your computer, try clicking on START/RUN and type in: msconfig and hit enter. On the start up menu you will probably see the program that is trying to fire itself up automatically. Hopefully, this is the program you had forgotten about.

Have a SAFE and Happy New Year!:)

3. F-EMDE

F-EMDE Thread Starter

ViperFan:
    You are right I remember now START/RUN/MSCONFIG, and the problem was in REAL TRAY. I just uninstalled the program and I will download a new copy from the internet. Thanks, Fred

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63628

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice