1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

bootvis problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by inuyasha320, Jul 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. inuyasha320

inuyasha320 Thread Starter

on my old 900MHz pc running windows xp pro, i am having problems getting bootvis to work it works 100% fine on my new gaming pc set up the same way and it used to work on the 900MHz pc also

that pc is bearly used but today when i tried to run it, bootvis would not get the driver delays status

[​IMG]

i have tried everything i could think of i made sure all services were set to their windows default settings so the bootvis would get a good scan of the boot and remove un needed delays)

but it still woudlnt get the driver delays

but if go into safe mode, it gets the driver delays just fine.

[​IMG]

has anyone else had this problem, (need to increase the boot speed on that pc as i have family comming over in 3 days)

how can i get it to show the driver delays, it cant start the optimize with out it and it cant optimive in safe mode and it can tuse that bootvis file from safe mode, in normal mode to optimize

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

I've seen this problem occur with others as well, perhaps it's a bug in the newer version. Sometimes trying repeatedly will get it.

Also absent when this happens is the "Boot Activity" graph -- which is probably the most important in diagnosing the area of any abnormal delays.

Try a "clean boot" and see if you get it:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;310353

3. inuyasha320

inuyasha320 Thread Starter

clean boot still doesnt work, i found the problem, it was the creative x-fi drivers removed them an deverything worked fine i reinstalled the soud drivers after it i mostly keep my boot clean

4. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Interesting -- though those drivers should not have loaded in a clean boot -- only essential Microsoft services.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!