Both on board and agp graphics are failing left and right...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Aodmystic

Ok Ive tried both my onboard Radeon 9100 IGP and ATi Radeon 8500 and I can run a game for about 5 min then my computer reboots and if I just sit there and surf the web it will lock in about 20 min.. So yah can anybody help me on this situation...

any message? or does it just restart? try updating your network adapter's drivers it sounds like that may be the issue.

Aodmystic

I can surf the web just fine I dont think its the network driver. An error comes up saying that the gfx card driver failed and thats what causes the restart...

I would start with: right click 'my computer' -> 'Properties' ->'Advanced' ->'Startup and Recovery settings'->uncheck 'automatically restart'.

Next time it happens write down any error message recieved and post em back.

does your motherboard have a chipset heatsink/fan
possibly dead fan causing overheated chipset which my be causing you freeze ups etc.....
and yes, you can check your video card as well ,but you indicated that you were having issue with onboard vid as well yes /no ??

If I understand correctly this worked fine before and all of the sudden you are getting this error? If this is the case, what have you done recently? installed anything? uninstalled anything? What's the virus situation? viruses can blow out drivers. It sounds like Windows is telling you that that driver is bad and if the onboard is not working as well, I would think a conflict is occuring somewhere with these drivers. I would check the virus situation, run utilities, uninstall the video card drivers and reinstall new ones.

Aodmystic

Ok heres the most updated information. Its a fresh format of Windows XP Home and I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the drivers I have all the chipset drivers installed for the board and it still does this. I run virus scanners and they find nothing. You think maybe the MBR could be infected and I need to make a new one? But if I do this will the information on my hard drive still be retained? If not its no big deal but I would rather try to keep all my stuff that I have on my computer.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online