1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

bought my new computer and firefox is slow?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by kevinmuff, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kevinmuff

kevinmuff Thread Starter

i just bought this computer, so i dont have many things even on it yet, and sometimes when i leave my computer for a bit, and then i try to start up firefox, it takes quite a while to even start up. like i can brush my teeth while waiting

2. Mr. Newton

Mr. Newton

First Name:
    Terry
    Sounds like a corrupt download of Firefox.I would remove from from your computer & try another download.

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Does it start faster if started in Safe Mode (Firefox safe mode)? If so, there may be an add-on that's causing the problem. Did you already delete temporary files and cookies? Are you using any themes? If so, disable them.

4. kevinmuff

kevinmuff Thread Starter

im not sure how to delete the temp files, but i have no add ons and i deleted the cookies, ill also try to delete firefox and all its files and re install it, but i wont know if it worked until i find the problem agian, or i dont, so if i do, ill post again, thanks guys.

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Delete temporary files:
    Open Firefox, Tools -> Clear Private Data. Check everything, and then click the Clear Private Data Now button.

Did you try restarting in Safe Mode?

6. kevinmuff

kevinmuff Thread Starter

oh alright, and no i didnt try safe mode, i havent had the problem again yet, but then again, it happens when i leave my computer for a while

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759270

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice