1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bouncing emails

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Jes in DC, Mar 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jes in DC

Jes in DC Thread Starter

We use a third party to host our email publication lists. Previousy, when we would send out a publication, I'd usually see a handful of bounced messages in the bounce report. On March 6th some time between 9:30am and 11:00am about half of our clients (from various different companies) started bouncing our publications sent from the listserver (emails sent from from our exchange server, which has a different IP address, are going through just fine). I checked our domain name on the blacklist lookup through MXtoolbox and we got the all clear. I then looked up the IP address for our listserver and it did return one blacklisting with Sorbs, but that appeared to have been listed some time ago. I got Sorbs to delist the IP address. They confirmed the delisting on Tuesday around 1:00pm. I understand that it can take some time for DNS to refresh and propagate around the internet, but it is now Friday and I'm still seeing the same number of bounces.

In the bounce reports under bounce reasons, I'm seeing either a blank space, "Spam," or "service unavailable."

I have a trouble ticket open with the company that hosts our listserver, but so far they haven't been much help. I'm also talking to a couple of network administrators on the receiving end, but due to the sheer volume of the bounces, I don't know how I could reach out to all of our client's IT folks, but I'm hoping someone could shed some light on what changed on March 6th that would cause all these bounces.

Thanks in advance to anyone who has any thoughts.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1093180

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice