Brace your again Newbie with another Question.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

CharlieMouse

Hey
I have split my HDD into four sections. I have paritions Win95, Win2k, and Win2k pro, and Winxp and Red Hat 9. I set up a mutli-boot, and am able to boot from any one of thoses. I use Red Hat a lot now since I was able to get apache, Php, and Mysql, set up and working, but I have files on my Win2k parition,(NTFS) that I would like to get use in Linux. Like Jpgs, html files ,pdf and other .txt files.

I there any way to mount the NTFS files system, I know Koppix(the bootable Linux) can read files on them. I used mandrick 6.1 and Red Hat 5.1 back in the day,
I learned a few things like how to mount HDDs, but it been a while.

would a command like mnt/hda4 work???

I found a website that might be the answer, but I have not looked at it yet.
http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/

thanks Charlie

If you read the info at that sourceforge link it says Redhat doesnt support NTFS.
The command,FYI, is:
mnt /dev/hda5 -ntfs /mnt/windows or whatever it's been named.
HTH
lynch

I'd be interested in finding out when they are planning on having all this done, especially since when longhorn comes out they are supposed to be moving to yet another file system.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online