1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Brace your again Newbie with another Question.

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by CharlieMouse, Oct 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CharlieMouse

CharlieMouse Thread Starter

Hey
    I have split my HDD into four sections. I have paritions Win95, Win2k, and Win2k pro, and Winxp and Red Hat 9. I set up a mutli-boot, and am able to boot from any one of thoses. I use Red Hat a lot now since I was able to get apache, Php, and Mysql, set up and working, but I have files on my Win2k parition,(NTFS) that I would like to get use in Linux. Like Jpgs, html files ,pdf and other .txt files.

I there any way to mount the NTFS files system, I know Koppix(the bootable Linux) can read files on them. I used mandrick 6.1 and Red Hat 5.1 back in the day,
    I learned a few things like how to mount HDDs, but it been a while.

would a command like mnt/hda4 work???

I found a website that might be the answer, but I have not looked at it yet.
    http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/

thanks Charlie

2. CharlieMouse

CharlieMouse Thread Starter

I am trying to mount the drive in blue.

Attached Files:

3. lynch

lynch

If you read the info at that sourceforge link it says Redhat doesnt support NTFS.
    The command,FYI, is:
    mnt /dev/hda5 -ntfs /mnt/windows or whatever it's been named.
    HTH
    lynch

4. Whiteskin

Whiteskin

I'd be interested in finding out when they are planning on having all this done, especially since when longhorn comes out they are supposed to be moving to yet another file system.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169501

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice