Brace your self! Linux Newbie With Questions

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

CharlieMouse

um problem

I do not have perrmission to write any files to the cgi-bin folder
its a simple hello world script

<html>
<head>
<title>PHP Test</title>
</head>
<body>
<?php echo "<p>Hello World</p>"; ?>
</body>
</html>

Squashman

Trusted Advisor
Originally posted by CharlieMouse:
brb got to log on as root
do you have SUDO installed on your machine or SU? This way you wont have to logoff to do certain root functions.

Deuce is right, you dont have to have the PHP script in the cgi-bin. That is just the way we have our conf file setup.

CharlieMouse

i have su but the owner of the file is root , I logged in as root and am going to give perrmission to my user account.

tell me about virtual host

CharlieMouse

ok ok I got I got it.

The script worked fine. thanks for your help, guys. Reading the white papers at php.net and apache can get dull and are hard to understand. I'll read more on the virtual host myself.

Wow finaly after 4 days of fighting this computer.

thanks again.

Squashman

Trusted Advisor
Originally posted by CharlieMouse:
i have su but the owner of the file is root , I logged in as root and am going to give perrmission to my user account.

tell me about virtual host

You can SU into Root but I prefer to install and use Sudo because it logs everything you do.

Name Based Virutal Hosting is used to host several Websites that use one IP address.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online