1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Brand New 4 GB PNY pen drive not working!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dannyjaylouis, Feb 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dannyjaylouis

dannyjaylouis Thread Starter

I just got this thing, and it worked at first, I know because I put files on it, and now my computer won't detect it. I tried it on another machine also. I read a post about re-lettering it, but in disk manager it's not detected either. Is there anything I can do?

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Take it back. It's defective. If you didn't buy it from a reputable retailer, it might be counterfeit. I don't know why someone would bother counterfeiting a $5 item, but I suppose it's possible.

3. dannyjaylouis

dannyjaylouis Thread Starter

I bought it from K-mart, new in the package. And I'm not in that city anymore anyway. Oh well.
    Thanks anyway.

4. worldchamp

worldchamp

Did you try it on some other pc with different operating system (windows version)?
    Try it out. It helped me once.
    Try it on different windows like XP SP2, Vista, Windows 7 Home & Business editions etc.
    This will make the picture more clear.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1042896