1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Brand New AMD not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dmcg69, Apr 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dmcg69

dmcg69 Thread Starter

heya peeps i've just bought a new mesh computer for £600 odds its a great computer but has a couple of problems but im not sure if its searious or not

when the computers been on for a while and its switched off, i can't switch it back on for at least 5 minutes sometimes ever 30 minutes, is this something that protects amd's from overheating or something?

and when i've been playing music on my computer the music suddenly goes really low (its not anything to do with the volume control) and has to be restarted before it will come back to its normal volume, the best way to cure it is to leave the computer off for a while and then restart it.

thanks you any help you can give guys as im quite worried :confused:

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Thats definitely not by design. I would say its a serious problem with the powersupply or motherboard. Regardless it should be happening with a new computer and you should take it back on warranty to be fixed.

3. dmcg69

dmcg69 Thread Starter

damn :(, so does this mean that i'll need to pay to return it and post out a new one? its a 3 year back to base warrenty from mesh

my rooms normally very warm and my comp sits in quite a warm area(no direct heat), but a pentium 3 455mhz managed without ANY problems,but it still not make any diffrence?

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Why would you have to pay? What kind of warranty is that? The computer not turning on is a hardware problem and if its brand new.....

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Overheating protection would turn the computer off while it was running and not allow you to turn it on untils it cools down. If you turn it off by yourself and then it won't turn on then its a fault. If the computer overheats under normal use then that needs to be looked at and fixed before it burns itself out.

6. dmcg69

dmcg69 Thread Starter

ok cheers bud, i'll just move all my stuff onto another hard drive lol

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/220141

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice