1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Brand New Broadband

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by bob054, Sep 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bob054

bob054 Thread Starter

Hi, I'm Looking for some direction. The stage coach finally got through and I can now get Adelphia Braodband. I now have AOL and have figured how to extract my emails/addys/favorites. I also have AVG free antivirus, Sygate firewall, adaware SE Spybot and spyblaster. I'm not sure if I need better or different protection, if any email services come with Adelphia, do I just run Internet Explorer or go to foxfire? I have outlook express available with a click.
    I'm waiting to down load the Microsoft SP-2 as I think I should get the feel of broadband before I put something on that may cause problems.
    Any help would be apreciated. This is almost purly a financial move as I got a great "Combo" tv/internet deal and can drop expensive sluggish, "heres your surprise for today" AOL and also drop Dish which has gone downhill in the last 6 months. Both combined cost me 75 smack a roo's....Plus I want the SPEED!!!
    Thank You very much
    Bobby, Just an excitable boy

2. Flags

Flags

lot of

3. Flags

Flags

Bob: Welcome to the wonderful world of DSL.
    I'm confused. In your first paragraph, you said you now have AOL, and in the second paragraph you say you can now drop sluggish AOL.
    If you dropped it, why in the world would you want to pick is back up?

4. bob054

bob054 Thread Starter

Sorry for the confusion. I HAD AOL Dial-up. I am Installing Adelphia Cable internet. I'm trying to prepare by exploring any extra security, e-mail options I may need. Example. When I first got my computer, I knew nothing about adaware, spybot etc, only that I needed Norton anti virus. I now have AVG, for free, and Reg seeker which practically does the job of Norton System works. I'm trying to avoid a disaster by asking questions. I'm getting rid of AOL completly as soon as everything I can transfer is transfered.
    Thanks
    Bobby

5. Flags

Flags

Oh, I see. I think AOL is a good ISP for a guy that is unwilling to learn about his computer and browsing the net. However AOL is so intrusive and invasive that I wouldn't want anything to do with it.
    Have fun with your new toy.

6. bob054

bob054 Thread Starter

Flags. Don't know what I said or done to get an answer back like that. Please don't forget to take your medication, it'll help with the confusion.
    I know how to research, my computer is not a new toy, and if it is because I used Aol for a while, then sorry to waste your valuble time you bigoted fool.
    Bob

7. Flags

Flags

Ouch!! Sorry, Bob04, I didn't mean to offend you.
    I just don't like AOL.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/270396

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice