1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Brand new build won't boot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tasaras, Nov 16, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Tasaras

Tasaras Thread Starter

Recently i built a new computer and it doesn't boot. I checked if the psu is faulty by using it to another computer and it worked. I'm 100% sure that i have the right cables pluged in. When i press the power button the power light turns on but nothing happens, not even fans are working. I feel like there is something wrong with the mobo but i am not sure. Help

Specs:
    ~mb=》 Gigabyte ga-ab350m-ds3h v2
    ~cpu=》 Ryzen 3 2200G
    ~ram=》 one 8gb stick

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  2. replay

replay

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Here is the support page for that board;
    https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-AB350M-DS3H-V2-rev-11/support#support-cpu
    I think there is either a typo or some other mistake. The support page shows the 2400G supported from the first or release bios. This must be some mistake since the 2400G was not released until approx 9 months after the motherboard was released.

Next question is why would you build a new system with a board that is almost 2yr old??? Are you sure you have the correct model#

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

OK, did a little more checking and this is strange. The release bios is dated 22 Oct 2018 so the board is not that old however it uses the older 3xx chipset.
    It appears to me that gigabyte was really trying to cut costs on this board. It uses the old B350 chipset along with the cheaper realtek 887 sound chip and the realtek lan.

So from further checking it appears the board does support that cpu from the first or release bios. There is a guide at the top of the forum for problem builds. If you have not read it, do so. If you follow ALL of the steps, you will find the cause of your no POST condition.

Common errors for new builders;
    1 The 8/12pin aux or cpu pw connector not plugged in
    2 Motherboard shorting to the case due to incorrect placement of standoffs
    3 One or more parts not fully seated ie ram, video, etc
    4 Cooler or hsf not installed correctly. More an intel problem than an amd problem since the amd type coolers are pretty much idiot proof

5. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

Maybe it's about cost and still have a decent build. It's what I used to do. Just saying.....everybody has there own reasons.

Yah...there's got to some sort of typo...as I can't see the Ryzen 3 2400G. I see a Ryzen 5 2400G

6. Tasaras

Tasaras Thread Starter

I'm sorry people, i meant Ryzen 3 2200G

7. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Have you done what was outlined; read and follow the guide to find your problem?

8. Tasaras

Tasaras Thread Starter

Yes, and i didn't find what the problem is. I have everything pluged in the right way. Actually, the only thing that is not pluged in is the monitor because i don't have one yet. Could that cause the problem?

9. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

You cannot have followed ALL parts of the guide and not found the problem. Note the last part of the guide is to swap parts with known good units; ie motherboard, ram, pw supply, etc.
    So I understand, you did the complete out of case build and the system will not POST is that correct?

That will not stop fans from spinning, hard disk spinning, etc.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  10. Tasaras

Tasaras Thread Starter

Correct

11. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Then you need to follow the guide; swap parts with known good units. It is the only way you are going to find the cause of your problem.

12. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

The only other option is to take your parts to a shop and have them diagnose the problem for you. Expect to pay at least 1hr shop labor for this service.

13. Tasaras

Tasaras Thread Starter

Okay, thank you very much. I will come back with the results at some point.

14. Tasaras

Tasaras Thread Starter

After all, I tried to make it work by changing the cpu with an Athlon 6 9500, that a friend lent me so i could test if the cpu is broken, and it booted straight up. I changed the cpu again with the r3 2200G and it normally booted again. I am kinda confused but I'm glad that nothing is broken. Thank you all for your time.

15. replay

replay

Maybe the processor was not seated....

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1235775

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice