1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BRAND NEW Geforce gt 430 driving me MAAAAD!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Maximleys, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maximleys

Maximleys Thread Starter

Bought a new Pc today amd fx-4100 quad processor 3.6 ghz, 8 gig ram and videocard gt 430.

Installed all drivers i got and everything ran smoothly; Then after 15 minutes during a game of League of Legends (Which i was acing if I may add) I got a blue screen and my PC rebooted

He reboots, i see the windows loading logo, the screen turns black and I get a blue screen saying "attempt to reset display driver failed" and I can't get into windows.
    I try safe mode, and it works, remove the videocard driver and i get into normal windows again.
    I install the latest nvidia drivers.
    -> Same Blue screen at startup

I remove the drivers and install the older drivers from a cd that i got with the card.
    -> same Blue screen at start up
    WIndows 7 ultimate x64 freshly REinstalled, all drivers added, latest nvidia drivers
    Different screen, cable, slot i plug my cable into
    dxgkrnl.sys
    dxgmms1.sys
    nvlddmkm.sys
    These 3 files are responsible for the crash according to the .dmp file
    Everything works normally when I use my nvidia geforce 9800 gt instead of the gt 430.
    Seeing as this is brand new and has run smoothly i don't think it's the problem. do any of you guys know the *bleep* is going on?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084396

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice