1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Brand New PC won't connect to monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by thawout, Jul 11, 2018.

Advertisement
  1. thawout

thawout Thread Starter

My first ever gaming pc finally came in the mail today after waiting approx 2 weeks after ordering and I was excited to hop on and get set up. When I connected the PC to my monitor, it had no signal. I tried using VGA and HDMI. I've tried taking the GPU out the PC and putting it back in. I've called the company's customer support and went through the process of trying to fix the problem for about 2 hours or so. Nothing has worked. What I would really hate to have happened is me shipping the PC back and having them call me back saying it worked for them or a cable was just loose. I want to be able to fix it right now if possible because I really don't want to spend another week waiting.
    I'd appreciate any and all the help I could get.
    Thanks

2. larryh10000

larryh10000

I'd send it back.

3. thawout

thawout Thread Starter

I wanna try some more options before sending it back

4. larryh10000

larryh10000

Be sure you don't do something that will void your warranty.

5. thawout

thawout Thread Starter

Yea true

6. replay

replay

Go thru all the cable/plug connections inside the tower and make sure they are snug

7. larryh10000

larryh10000

I feel so bad for you - know how hard it is waiting a new machine to arrive and not have things working right. I ordered a Dell one time ( it was loaded ) and when it arrived I discovered the CD/DVD play could not be recognized. Dell walked me through tons of stuff be couldn't get the computer to recognize the drive. Dell finally sent a technician to my house with a new CD/DVD play (after waiting about a week) he installed it and nothing. The technician that installed the new CD/DVD player even got on the phone with a Dell technician and told them that he was sure the the Windows image that was burned on during was a bad image. The technician and the Dell tech got into a bit of a fight on the phone and the tech hung up on him. The tech that was sent out to my house recommended that I return it for a replacement or refund. After lots of fighting I just went out a bought a USB DVD player. I should have listened and sent it back as I had nothing but trouble with that computer.
    Now I can't say that will be the same in your case but it can take a bit of the fun out of it. I hope they get everything going for you, lots of very smart people on this site - hoping they can get you up and running (y)

8. thawout

thawout Thread Starter

i have

9. thawout

thawout Thread Starter

yea it sucks

10. kenbok51

kenbok51

Something you should be aware of is often when you purchase a PC from a company that sends you an item that was previously returned by someone else, they often don't even take the time to test them but just resell them and let you do the testing for them. Its possible they sent you a previously returned item without even testing it before sending it to you. That's one reason it more convenient, if not more expensive, to buy from a mom and pop or brick and mortor store where you can drive the thing in to be replaced rather than go through the heck on earth RMA process.

11. thawout

thawout Thread Starter

Yea. Too late for that though... I'm just gonna send it back

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1212753

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice