1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

brand new phone exhibiting signs of malware. please help!

Discussion in 'Android Mobile Devices' started by solaris9123, Jan 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. solaris9123

solaris9123 Thread Starter

I am running Android 4.4.4 on a brand new Motorola Moto G that I just bought a week ago.

After unboxing it, copying my files and info to it and familiarizing myself with it; it is now behaving like it has a virus!
    Apps are closing by themselves, the phone has already frozen/ restarted once, and it seems to be getting progressively worse. What is the problem?
    First the music player started pausing by itself and the music player app closed. Then my SMS app was open, and was in the middle of composing a message when the SMS window closed by itself.
    There were no error messages, no low memory warning, it just closed and returned to the home screen.

My phone is a Moto G, XT1028 (falcon, Verizon)
    Android 4.4.4 KitKat

2. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

Take it back and get a replacement. There's not much malware on Android.

3. vembutech

vembutech Banned

Try with factory reset then see or try with scaning if not then go for replacement.

4. support_peace

support_peace

there are various antivirus apps in the playstore. If that does not help try a factory reset.this should solve your problem.if you are still facing the problem after trying the methods go to dealer from whome you purchased the device.
    One more thing you can try is make sure that the files u copied to the device do not have any virus.scan them before you transfer them to ur device.
    your device can also be affected by the virus if u connected it to an infected computer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1142086

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice