Braven Wireless Speakers not working in Win 7?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Monique99

Toshiba Laptop Windows 7 64-bit o.s. - (problem) how to get Braven-Mini Wireless speakers to work?
Seems to me that these wireless speakers (no drivers needed?) is not compatible with
Windows 7 SP1 (Service Pack 1) ? Downloaded Bluetooth BT_21.40.5_64_Win7 -
Still not working ! no drivers! ?! (required?) Thanks for any other suggestions,
Monique

Monique99

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-6ae9-b757-a3b9-95ee40c3e242#ID0EBD=Windows_7
Quote:

Before you start, make sure that your Windows 7 PC supports Bluetooth.

1. Turn on your Bluetooth device and make it discoverable.

The way you make it discoverable depends on the device. Check the device or visit the manufacturer's website to learn how.Turn on your Bluetooth device and make it discoverable. The way you make it discoverable depends on the device. Check the device or visit the manufacturer's website to learn how.
  2. Select Start
    > Devices and Printers.
  3. Select Add a device > select the device > Next.
  4. Follow any other instructions that might appear. Otherwise, you're done and connected.

Your Bluetooth device and PC will usually automatically connect anytime the two devices are in range of each other with Bluetooth turned on.
end quote

DID as ABOVE ---- .................... "make sure device is discoverable" ... ... ... device is 'on'

QUESTION - how do I know if my Windows 7 PC supports Bluetooth ?

Monique99

DID as ABOVE ---- .................... "make sure device is discoverable" ... ... ... device is 'on'

QUESTION - how do I know if my Windows 7 PC supports Bluetooth ?

and then this note....
Note

• Bluetooth isn't supported in Windows Server.

Which means ? hmmmmmm..........

Monique99

I clicked on 'START'
Typed 'SERVICES'
switch Bluetooth from Manual to Automatic...
Checked DEVICES and PRINTERS
DEVICE BCM20702A0 install driver...
Click on 'install driver' ...
Cannot find driver.

Did this several times.
I will wait for
ZAGG Brands reply !

Attachments

Monique99

I finally got the BLUETOOTH Braven Mini Wireless speakers to be added in "DEVICE".
Next Step: to listen to la belle musique via these speakers.
Problem:
Quote: https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=No...ction.++with+Bluetooth+BRV-MINI&ia=web&iax=qa
END QUOTE
Nothing happens when I click on LISTEN to MUSIC.
One solution I found on WWW was this:

QUOTE:

It now works!

Ultimately I've found this to be a driver-related issue. If you've tried everything else try this:
  1. Figure out whose Bluetooth hardware you are using. In my case I'm using Intel-based hardware.
  2. Go to their website and download/install the latest drivers available. In my case the latest drivers did not fix the problem. I actually had to use the older Bluetoothdrivers installer.
    • I downloaded and installed the Intel Driver Update Utility
    • Once the utility is open click Scan
    • Try the Latest drivers and if that doesn't fix it, try the Older drivers
As noted above I ended up having to use the Older drivers tab as seen in the image.
Everything works great now!

--Stephen Howard

SEE https://superuser.com/questions/114...in-windows-7-for-bluetooth-headphones#1149623
END QUOTE

OKEEDOKEE ---- now I should see if " In my case I'm using Intel-based hardware."
I'm running WINDOWS 7 64-bit , so I 'm assuming it's INTEL based --- the PC that is, but
the speakers ? Yes, SPEAKERS is INTEL-based.

Still working on this.

Last edited:

plodr

Liz
I will go through the steps I used to pair a Sony Bluetooth speaker (have no idea if it is Intel or not) working on a Windows 7 64 bit laptop with an Intel chipset. I didn't have to download a driver.
1. Press the on button on the speaker. The blue light will flash to indicate it is in pairing mode. (I'd say if your doesn't, turn the speaker off and turn it on again to see if you can get the on light to flash.)
2. Open Devices and Printers and select Add Device.
3. The speaker should be listed and shows it is connected.
This is the step I think you missed.
4. Open Control Panel, Sound
Under playback devices look for the speaker and set it to the default device. If you don't do this step, the sound will continue to come out of the internal speaker.

Monique99

Re-installed Intel Bluetooth Device Driver Software.
DEVICE BRV-Mini installed (icon Headphones , not speakers though I do not think this
important !?! )
Still cannot Play Music via Braven Mini Wireless Speakers.

Monique99

I will go through the steps I used to pair a Sony Bluetooth speaker (have no idea if it is Intel or not) working on a Windows 7 64 bit laptop with an Intel chipset. I didn't have to download a driver.
1. Press the on button on the speaker. The blue light will flash to indicate it is in pairing mode. (I'd say if your doesn't, turn the speaker off and turn it on again to see if you can get the on light to flash.)
2. Open Devices and Printers and select Add Device.
3. The speaker should be listed and shows it is connected.
This is the step I think you missed.
4. Open Control Panel, Sound
Under playback devices look for the speaker and set it to the default device. If you don't do this step, the sound will continue to come out of the internal speaker.
Thanks Liz.
What you wrote above , I first had to Also reinstalled Intel's Bluetooth Drivers (Win 7 64-bit) as in DEVICE MANAGER BLUETOOTH wasn't showing. Got that done. And ADD DEVICE was automatic BRV-MINI (Headphone ICON not Speaker icon = not sure if this important or not).
Then Control PANEL - SOUND
SEE ATTACHMENT (thanks for replying... I figure that I got the Bluetooth S.W. installed and Device 'showing' (right one or not? icon) and thinking of bringing in my laptop and speakers to SHOP of where I purchase them (on sale - 20$ each instead of 70$ each) so maybe the savings will go to the Tekkie guy/gal ! ) :)
DEVICE added says BRV-MINI (icon is headphones not speakers !?!),
Control panel - SOund.
SEE ATTACHMENT. (Thanks - still problem)

Attachments

Last edited:

plodr

Liz
I've never used bluetooth headphones so I'm no help there.
Does any of the 4 entries I see ever show connected when plugged in?
If so, right click the entry and select "set as default". Then the sound should come through the headset and not the in built speaker.

Monique99

I've never used bluetooth headphones so I'm no help there.
Does any of the 4 entries I see ever show connected when plugged in?
If so, right click the entry and select "set as default". Then the sound should come through the headset and not the in built speaker.
HI, Liz,
I can't "set as default" as the setting is 'greyed' out. It became obvious that it was "SOUND" (Device Manager) files that may be corrupted.
https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=Cannot+SET+DEFAULT+in+SOUND+Windows+7+section+&ia=web
(Did a various of things which at this moment can't remember the 'command' to un-click Media, etc, restart, then 'click' Media ... laptop sound speakers (lousy) back on).
'Change Sound Settings" --- see original attachment. Same problem - greyed out. I'm going to get my refund for these speakers . I could purchase a pair of wireless headphones (BRV-Mini speakers in Device installed with a headphone icon instead of a speaker icon) to see if problem persists in "SOUND" but due to this plandemic, no return policy for headphones! (Note, Icon in "SOUND" is Headphones not speakers! - If I try with a pair of wireless headphones and it's works, I can hear via headphones, then Wireless Speakers s.w. installations was faulty but I won't be doing that ) Thanks for replying.
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/8ac59f01-0253-4102-a4d6-
f29ac8bd33a0/bluetooth-audio-amp-windows-7
(I'll read this and take it from there)
Suggested by a commenter :
The adapter that I'm using, USB dongle connected to the computer is:
Cirago Bluetooth Adapter Model: BTA-3210, (About $15 at NEWEGG)
It comes with The Bluetooth Stack software V2.1

Maybe I need to exchange the USB "Microsoft Wireless Transceiver" ? I'll ask the Computer Services Department Tekkie tomorrow about this !

Last edited:

plodr

Liz
I finally realized that your Toshiba probably doesn't have bluetooth. That's the major problem! If you don't have the hardware inside the laptop, no amount of software is going to get it to work.
I only have 1 computer out of four that has bluetooth.

You'll need to look for non-bluetooth wireless speakers.

Monique99

I finally realized that your Toshiba probably doesn't have bluetooth. That's the major problem! If you don't have the hardware inside the laptop, no amount of software is going to get it to work.
I only have 1 computer out of four that has bluetooth.

You'll need to look for non-bluetooth wireless speakers.
It's a USB device - BCM20702A0 (USB) says Bluetooth radio, Audio device. (I do have this usb ) Re-install BCM20702A0 driver. FOUND this site
https://oemdrivers.com/bluetooth-bcm20702a0-driver
QUOTE : This Broadcom Bluetooth chipset is often not correctly install,
or not installed at all mainly due to appearing in
the device manager in Windows as nothing
but the chipset name: .... .... .... etc (End Quote)
https://oemdrivers.com/bluetooth-bcm20702a0-driver#drivers

RAN ZIP file. then.... ... ... with 'an unknown error occurred with your Bluetooth Software license.
(... hahahahahahah.... ).
"You'll need to look for non-bluetooth wireless speakers."
DO such a 'things' exist? What do you know, same question was asked
https://community.spiceworks.com/to...such-thing-as-non-bluetooth-wireless-speakers
almost like asking if nothingness really exist ! :) well, a philosophical pause after all this and that --- I'll return these affordable little "B" tooths, get more insights from tekkies tomorrow. Thanks.
and Cheers !

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online