1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bridge Connection on Local Area Connection...cannot get rid of it.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Ladyisis, Oct 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ladyisis

Ladyisis Thread Starter

I have tired to get rid of this bridge connection that is on my local area connection. I try to remove it with the bridge connection area and all it says is "To create a Network Bridge, you must select at least two LAN or High-Speed Internet connections that are not being used by Internet Connection Sharing." I have AT&T hig speed internet and tired talking to them and they said it was on my end, plus I spend two hours on the phone to someone who doesn't know much english and not alot about computers. So can someone please help me. The only way I can connect to the internet is through the my D-Link router which sucks. Someone please help me.:mad:

2. Claymore

Claymore

3. Ladyisis

Ladyisis Thread Starter

Yes I tired this. You my brother was playing around with the laptop one night and went to AT&T offline site http://192.168.1.254 That is were we can update all of our settings and I gave him our password so he could look at things. He said he knew how to make it run faster big mistake...anyway he went to the Connection Configuration area and clicked advanced. He messed around with it and well "Advanced" and he clicked bridge connection so now I have a bridge connection on the pc that is on the local area connection. I told AT&T about it and they said it was on our end even though he pushed it through the AT&T. The problem is I can't remove it from my computer and there is not remove or delete button for the local area connection and I cannot even get back to offline site for AT&T http://192.168.1.254 So what do I do now. Please help me.

4. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

What happens if you right click the Network Bridge and click Delete? Or is delete not an option?

Jerry

5. Ladyisis

Ladyisis Thread Starter

There is no delete option at all...that is the problem so now I am not sure what to do. Any suggestions???

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!