1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bridge? repeater? AP What? x_x

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Sakuryu, Dec 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sakuryu

Sakuryu Thread Starter

Ok so I bought this 5-1 AP, Client, Repeater, Bridge Router here Thinking it was as easy to set up as a normal router,(basically use the wizard and done.) I was wrong. The situation is I live in a trailer park, and can't afford net, giving my neighbor dinner every once in a while he let's me use his wifi, only problem is that it's kinda weak and cuts in and out if I'm not directly across from his router (which happens to be in my bathroom ) Long story short I bought this. I wanna be able to boost the signal so I can access it from here. Do I set it up as a bridge, client, repeater what? I can but I'd rather not go over to his house to mess with his router. I had it on but it would only allow one person to access it at a time, and I, my cousin and my grandpa would like to connect to it at the same time. Your help would be appreciated thanks.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    sorry we cannot help here
    see the rules
    http://www.techguy.org/rules.html

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1032556

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice