1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bridgestone Dueler M/T's discontinued

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by LuckyStrike, Feb 10, 2007.

1. LuckyStrike

LuckyStrike Thread Starter

Man this is so frustrating. We filed our income tax returns today and I plan to buy new tires for my truck and for my wife's Jeep with our tax return. I wanted another set of Bridgestone Dueler M/T tires for my truck and a set of Bridgestone Blizzak DM-Z3 tires for my wife's Jeep.

Now I find out that Bridgestone has discontinued the Dueler M/T.:mad: I bought my set of Dueler M/T's in 2000 and they are the best tire I have ever had. Off road traction in the mud is phenomenal and at the same time they are suprisingly quiet and stable on dry pavement. I have over 50,000 miles on them and the rears are nearly worn out but the fronts have probably another 15,000 miles in them. If I had rotated the tires like I should have I would have easily got 60,000 miles out of the set. Traction in the snow is very good and they do not hydro-plane on water. I have hauled up to 3 tons of rock with my K3500 on these tires, I have climbed hills in the woods and ground my way through mud and sand leaving a linear mold of my truck's under carriage behind. After nearly seven years they show no signs of cracking, weathering, or failure. The only draw back is that they were priced about $60 per tire higher than any competitor's comparable tire. That was probably their demise. If you read the customer reviews at, for example, tirerack.com you will see that pretty much every person who has ever owned them feels the same way that I do, however Bridgestone priced them into oblivion and now they have discontinued them. Dumb @#$%^&*'s!.:mad:

Well I guess I will have to settle for the Firestone Destination M/T tires for my truck. They are similar to the Bridgestone Duelers but not as quiet nor as pretty.:(

2. LuckyStrike

LuckyStrike Thread Starter

I am posting to sing the praises of my wife's new Bridgestone Blizzak DM-Z3 winter tires. These tire are phenomenal! Traction on snow and ice is unbeleivable. With these tires my wife's Jeep Liberty travels through snow and ice in two wheel drive better than it formerly could in four wheel drive. On dry pavement the tires give a really nice smooth ride. I feel that my wife is much safer driving to work every day on these tires. :)

On the other hand my Firestone Destination M/T tires are a disappointment. They definitely give good traction in the mud, but no better than my previous set of Bridgestone Dueler M/T's. Unfortunately the Firestone Destination M/T tires have all the bad characteristics found in many M/T tires that the Duelers did not have. The Bridgestone Duelers were surprisingly quiet on pavement, but the Firestone tires are noisy. The Duelers rode well with no noticeable delay between control inputs and reaction. The Firestone tires on the other hand feel like they are standing on rubber poles, when I make a control input there is a significant delay between the input and the reaction. On the Firestone tires I can feel that there is noticeably more rolling resistance and so I am expecting that they will cost me a couple miles per gallon in fuel economy. I have checked the inflation and experimented with increasing the inflation to the upper end of the recommended range, but see/feel no improvement. Bridgestone/Firestone made a big mistake discontinuing the Dueler in favor of the Destination. Dumb @#$%^&*S

3. imrippinit

imrippinit Banned

They were a great tire, but now they are discontinued. Another drawback was that they did not come in a size bigger than 285 (33"). At the time the 285 was what I needed, but now I need a 315 (35"). FYI, the Toyo M/Ts give performance similar or better than the Bridgestones, they look great, and for me, they come in 315's and bigger. They are expensive.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543039

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice