1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bridging an Internet Connection from a Win to a Linux

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lastrachris, Aug 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lastrachris

lastrachris Thread Starter

Jan 17, 2010
    I'm having issues bridging a connection between my Windows 7 computer to my Linux computer. I use the Linux computer for a little storage space for some critical files. Nothing major. Nevertheless, now for some reason I can't bridge the wireless connection to the Linux computer now for some reason. The only changes I've made to my computer was a restore to a few hours prior (the bridge may or may not have worked at this time), and I updated my wireless card. I use a static IP on both of them as well. Any thoughts?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5800 @ 3.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 7422 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT, 512 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 85754 MB, Free - 21727 MB; E: Total - 476837 MB, Free - 231314 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 018D1Y
    Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1064273