Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bridging Nighthawk M1 to 150 Mbps WiFi Router (C4R400)

493 views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  Couriant 
#1 ·
I just bought a NETGEAR Nighthawk M1 MR1100. Like the title says I want to bridge it with my existing router. I've seen some YouTube vidoes on bridging it but either they were not very clear or I'm not tech savvy enough to undersand. I want to bridge them to see if I can get a better internet connect becasue I live in the boonies and the internet options are not great. Right now I have internet through FireWifi. They provide the wifi router and pull a signal from a Verizon cell tower. I'm hoping the nighthawk will help boost the signal. I also have a Yagi antenna and it does help but I want to see if the nighthawk will provide more boost. If anyone knows where I can find detailed steps to do this I will be very grateful.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19042, Installed 20210322144857.000000-300
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, 1024 MB
Hard Drives: C: 921 GB (870 GB Free);
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 1905, s/n 2UA61617J5
System: Hewlett-Packard, ver HPQOEM - 20140219, s/n 2UA61617J5
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

See less See more
#3 ·
My speeds suck. On a good day, I can get 10 down and 3 up. I don't need the speeds to be in the hundreds but getting them a bit higher will be great. I've seen a few people use the nighthawk and get decent speeds living in the same type of area that I do. I just need to know how to bridge it to my existing router.

#4 ·
You still need to make sure your internet is working to the speeds that they are advertised. Bridging the connection won't help if your internet speed from the router to the ISP is slow.

Who is your ISP? What is the speeds that you are paying for? What is the name/make/model of the router that you currently have?

#5 ·
There are no guaranteed speeds for my internet. The company I go through is called FireWifi. The signal comes from the Verizon cell tower that is close to my house. The router they provide is a 150 Mbps C4R400. When I log into the router settings website says Dynami.

#8 ·
So if you are getting 10Mbps and providing your computer shows the link is 1Gbps, or even 100Mbps then adding anything else will not help.

the issue is that your router is not getting top speed (which in the internet industry anything under 80% speed you are paying for is bad and should be investigated) and if it’s using cell tower signal then The most likely answer is that you have some kind of interference that is preventing you getting a good signal, or the device itself maybe misconfigured or bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.