1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bright Blue Screen Error

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by deafbiz, Sep 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. deafbiz

deafbiz Thread Starter

Hi Guys

I have probem on my own laptop as well. I have had some issue with Trend Micro and uninstall it but apparently some of the files are still hidden inside, I cannot find it so to remove the pest.

How do I know that they are still in my harddrive? I tried to install a new antivirus program but was denied saying I still have the anti virus protection in.

I tried everything to find it to remove it but no luck. So I went ahead and installed AVG Pro....then all was fine for couple of days.

Yesterday, I was browsing when a bright blue screen appeared with white text and said...I cant rem all but was something like a warning, "to avoid further damage......blah blah try unistall summat ......blah if problem contnue contact blah....etc etc

Man, I freaked out so I shut it down immediately...then restarted so to remove the AVG pro...

Now I dont know what to do or whether I have done the right thing...the huge prob is I wont be able to install anti virus!

Please advise

Thank you

2. khanahmedabbas

khanahmedabbas

which system file shown in blue screen ? example inetsys.ppm etc

i am using avg internet security 8.5 its good software and recently downloaded malwarebytes full version its very strong software for removing trojans, malwares, adwares, even it cleans registry.

If you are unable to add anti virus software i suggest you to download uninstaller software which can be found by doing a search on google however first download malwarebytes and try to remove trojans and adware....

other way you can also try installing the same software which your computer says is not removed and uninstall it from add/remove software from control panel.

3. techkid

techkid

First Name:
    David
    The contents of this blue screen error (widely known as the Blue Screen of Death) is very important when determining the cause of the problem.

Log back into Windows (Safe Mode if necessary), and go through My Computer to C:\Windows\Minidump and upload the latest one as an attachment (you may need to compress it as a zip file). Some users here are capable of reading these files and can pinpoint the problem program/driver/device.

4. deafbiz

deafbiz Thread Starter

Thank you for getting back to me so quick..

I am not sure if I understand how to do this, would you be able to give me a step by step instructions...this would help me greatly.

My apologise if I dont understand

Thanks

5. techkid

techkid

First Name:
    David
    No worries. My apologies to you for not being clear.

Log in to the trouble computer, and go to My Computer > C: drive > Windows folder > Minidump folder, and look for the latest file (it should be named by the date).

Next, if you have a file compression tool like Winzip (http://www.winzip.com/index.htm (does cost, but has a free version)) or 7zip (http://www.7-zip.org/ (definitely free)), or any other similar tool, right-click the file and look for an option to compress/archive the file. I have attached an example of what I mean (7zip, in this case). Save the zip file to the desktop.

Next, attach the file to your next post. Scroll down to 'Manage Attachments', and follow the steps. Attach the created zip file, so we can review the file to determine the cause.

Attached Files:

• 7zip.JPG
      7zip.JPG
      File size:
      30.4 KB
      Views:
  6. deafbiz

deafbiz Thread Starter

Techkid

Thank you for getting back to me, much appreciated - for a while I though I was forgotten :)

Okay, I followed your instructions and opened to enter Minddump, apparently there is nothing in there, ZERO files or anything but just a blank folder.

Is that normal?

(I didn't go in via safe mode thou)

Please advise and thank you for your time in advance.

7. deafbiz

deafbiz Thread Starter

Why is that no one is helping me...am I that difficult to help?

I am really anxious to get it sorted, please!

8. alexskc

alexskc

Did You Enable "Show Hidden Files And Folders" Under the Folder Options?

9. deafbiz

deafbiz Thread Starter

Hi

Yes it is enabled...i can open other folders and see ts contents except minddump.

What shall i do?

10. techkid

techkid

First Name:
    David
    Also make sure that "Display the contents of system folders" box is ticked in Folder Options.

If your system is crashing to a blue screen error, then the system usually generates some sort of error.

Oh, yes, that's another thing to look for. Go to Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer. Click on System, and look for an Error event (marked by a red circle with a white X) at around the time of the crash. Double-click on the event, and then click the copy button (marked by two pages). Paste the contents of this to your next post.

11. deafbiz

deafbiz Thread Starter

Hi

Thank you for getting back to me...I have followed your instructions and here is the contents...(I have no idea if it's the right one)

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Service Control Manager
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 7009
    Date: 23/09/2009
    Time: 12:24:07
    User: N/A
    Computer: YOUR-2A3BBC6FE3
    Description:
    Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the Rapport Management Service service to connect.
    For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/862577

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice