1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

bright house internet router or buy a different brand/model

Discussion in 'Networking' started by StoneRyno, Jun 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. StoneRyno

StoneRyno Thread Starter

We are looking at getting bright house internet asap as we are very upset with at&t. I have no idea what brand and model bright house supplies. I've read in researching various past issues that often times there are recommendations of going with a router not supplied by the internet provider. We have one pc, two laptops, two tablets, at least 3 smartphones, dish tv box, one smart tv's, and two roku that use the internet. Of those only the pc is wired the rest use Wi-Fi. I'm pretty sure all of them have wireless n capability. If needed more details on the devices can be provided to verify that if needed. What should we do/get?

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    I use the modem from the cable company (Comcast), I use a router that I own, currently we have a NetGear FVG318. A 8 wired ports, and WiFi. I have always been a fan of NetGear and they all have worked for me.

Will you be getting a modem from Bright House?
    I know that a lot of the providers use a combo "Modem/Router" unit to provide WiFi in the home.

3. StoneRyno

StoneRyno Thread Starter

It appears we have the option to get home network from them but I couldn't find any details on what hardware they provide. And given the amount of things using internet I want to make sure what ever I get from either them or we buy will provide quality internet for what we do with each thing. Most of the time multiple at the same time.

4. StoneRyno

StoneRyno Thread Starter

I wanted to share a public wishlist from newegg site here to get feedback before buying but unfortunately the site isn't reflecting the list as shared when I view the public lists to link it here. So here are the model numbers I came up with after looking at neweggs selection. These are all netgear.

Model #:WNDR4300-100NAS
    Model #:R6100-100PAS
    Model #:WNDR3700-100NAS
    Model #:WNDR3400-100NAS

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1127450

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice