1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bring Back What President

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Deke40, Feb 7, 2003.

Advertisement
  1. Deke40

Deke40 Thread Starter

There is such a divisive attitude in this country over the leadership of the country I wonder who, if it were possible, each person would pick of the 42 previous Presidents to come back and run this country and why.

My choice would be L. B. Johnson. He had a way of getting things done because he knew where all the skeletons were buried. He also knew how to give a little to get a lot more in return.

Here is a link to all 43 presidents if you need it.

http://www.ipl.org/div/potus/

2. valley

valley

Abe Lincoln....because he was a true blue man of integrity, imo

Nice thread Deke! :)

3. Rep

Rep

Teddy Roosevelt would be my choice. I believe that we once again need a reformer that would attempt to bring balance between our institutions and the people.

Presidents are not able to do things alone. They do need Congressional backup as well. Therefore, people running for office or supporting candidates or simply voting must be in tune as well.

4. columbo

columbo

John F. Kennedy....just because I'd like to see what he might've accomplished. I don't know how well he would fare with the current situation in the Middle East, but I'll bet that many ongoing social/economic domestic issues would be much closer to resolution....maybe :eek:

5. eggplant43

eggplant43 A True Heart and Soul - Gone But Never Forgotten

William Jefferson Clinton, although I never voted for him, just for the irritation factor;) :D :D :D

6. $teve

$teve

george bush senior.................just to watch him smack the puppys arse:D

7. SexyTech

SexyTech

I Like IKE!

In this day and age, an Iron Fisted leader like Ike would definately show Iraq and those Pinko Terrorists what it means to be AMERICAN!

8. slipe

slipe

I would choose Lincoln or Eisenhower.

Lincoln not so much for his integrity but for his brains. I’m a Civil War history nut and every historian I have ever read comes up with the conclusion that Lincoln was a genius. He understood the military situation better than any of his generals and was incredibly politically astute. We need someone with some brains right now. A little integrity never hurt either.

Eisenhower didn’t impress anyone with his great rhetoric, but he was quietly competent. He wasn’t a great tactical genius as a general either, but he had an excellent strategic sense. I would be comfortable with his decision making in the current situation.

I thought LBJ was the worse president in my lifetime. He sent us into Vietnam with a McNamera no win policy. Everyone blames Nixon for Vietnam more then LBJ, but the maximum number of troops were there when Nixon took office – he was just looking for an honorable way to disengage without bugging out. I thought the Great Society was a disaster as well.

9. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

Jimmy Carter. I was impressed with his attempts to create peace in the world!!

10. SexyTech

SexyTech

YIKES!

The Peanut Farmer GAVE AWAY one of the most Strategic bodies of water to the US when he turned over the Panama Canal!

However, I do commend him on the current activities that he's persuing with "Habitat For humanity"!

11. LANMaster

LANMaster Banned

Ronald Wilson Reagan
    Because he did so much to end the cold war without firing a shot.

However, I think most of the choices are worthy, with the exception of LBJ and Jimmy Carter.

LBJ micromanaged Viet Nam and prolonged the war.
    Carter deserves credit for being an exceptional Ex-President, but not a very wise President.

Just my opinion.

12. BTex

BTex

DITTOS
    Lanmaster
    I think they need to make a spot for him on Mt.Rushmore

13. SexyTech

SexyTech

Don't you mean Nancy Reagan???

She ran the country in the Latter years!

14. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Not to mention the daily news factor :p

15. eggplant43

eggplant43 A True Heart and Soul - Gone But Never Forgotten

Seems to me that a 100 year lease expired, he didn't give it away. The return to Panama was anticipated in the original contract.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117503

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice