1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bring image to front in PowerPoint 2010

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by dw1256, Sep 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dw1256

dw1256 Thread Starter

Hi,

I am working with a powerpont presentation where I have put a logo in the slide master, it needs to show on every page. So here is the problem. On some slides I have to insert pictures that cover up the portion of the logo that is saved on the master. However, the part of the picture that is covering up the logo is just dead white space, and I figure there is a way to make the logo always go to the front.

Let me know if anyone has any ideas or needs more clarification.

Thanks.
    dw1256

2. turbodante

turbodante

I don't normally use powerpoint, but I take by 'master' you mean the template that is underneath.

The only work around I can see is to overlay another logo on top.

3. dw1256

dw1256 Thread Starter

Yes, the master is a template that you can apply to any pages you wish.

That is what I have done in the past but it is very time consuming. Sometimes the presentations are up to 200 pages and you have to paste the logo individually on to each slide.

Someone once told me that there was an easy way to make this happen in office 2010, but since I didn't have 2010 at that time I never asked what the solution is. Now that person is not with their firm any more.

4. turbodante

turbodante

Perhaps on these 200 or so where master logo is obscured, you can use an alternative master-layout where the logo has been moved elsewhere (example to another corner). Batch select the slides and change layout.

Not tried it myself, but just a suggestion.

5. dw1256

dw1256 Thread Starter

That is a good idea. However, the boss is pretty paticular and wants everything to be the same. Change is not easy around here.

6. turbodante

turbodante

I know exactly how you feel:p

My last suggestion is VBA... check this http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/msoffice/?p=1910

7. turbodante

turbodante

I have modified the code in the link to this..

Code:
    Sub InsertLogoOverallslides()
    Dim x As Long, xSlide As Long
    xSlide = Application.ActivePresentation.Slides.Count
    For x = 2 To xSlide
    ActivePresentation.Slides(x).Select
    ActiveWindow.Selection.SlideRange.Shapes.AddPicture( _
    FileName:="C:\Active\TR\September2009Blog\TR.jpg", _
    LinkToFile:=msoFalse, _
    SaveWithDocument:=msoTrue, Left:=655, Top:=15, _
    Width:=48, Height:=48).Select
    Next
    End Sub

You may want to modify the pathway of the above before using... and do a little test before performing on your 'live' document to save from disasters!

8. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    It sounds like you either need to use smaller images or a type of images that can have transparent backgrounds.

The problem with transparent background images, the master slide will be shown where there is transparency.

9. turbodante

turbodante

I didn't think using transparent images - that could be the way to go.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/951683

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice