Broadband card..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JAYNO20

my high speed internet hasnt really been up to par since i purchased my dell computer, i was wondering if it has anything to do with my network card, could i purchase a faster one or something? on my dell order sheet it says the one i have is the intel pro 1000 integrated pci NIC card... but if i go into device manager and under network adapters it says broadcom netxtreme 57xx gigabit controller, i guess thats just the driver for it tho, anyway does a faster card exist or something like that?

Either way it should be fast enough, what problems are you having?
Just because it is acting slow doesn't mean its the NIC, not enough RAM and too many programs running in the background is another choice.
Try cycling the power on your cable modem.

JAYNO20

well it just doesnt seem to be as fast as my buddies and his computer is a lower end machine with a different network card thats what i am basing it on... i have 1 gig of ram, 3.0GHZ HT processor, and i dont really run that many programs..

It doubt its the network card you have the fastest already, I would investigate the modem first, what bandwidth are you using?

As you can see your networkcard supports 1000mbps which is ten times as much.
What modem are you using?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Your high speed broadband is a few megabits at the most, so any NIC from 10mbit up should be able to supply sufficient bandwidth to fully utilize the broadband channel. I suggest you look elsewhere for the issue.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online