1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Broadband connection lost

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by supergranni, Aug 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. supergranni

supergranni Thread Starter

Hi,

Can anyone help please.

I have recently been re-connected to Orange Broadband after moving and am experiencing a loss of connection in the evening. Before moving everything was fine but now................well I'm at my witts end with it all.

All telephone sockets in the house have filters on including the line for the computer.

I have contacted Orange technical support, also bt and my local computer expert and still haven't got anywhere.

You are my last hope so if anyone out there can help it will be much appreciated.

thanks for reading...............Jean

2. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

First off try taking the filter off that line. The only lines that should have filters on it are the phone lines. The only time this ISN'T true is if the filter is a splitter and one indicates phone and the other indicates DSL then you have the DSL modem into the filter where it says DSL and into the wall. If would even go as far as saying for troubleshooting take off the filter/splitter and put it directly into the wall and take off the phone in that outlet until you know thats not the problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!