1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Broadband connection problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by dbz1forever, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dbz1forever

dbz1forever Thread Starter

Hi.
    I was watching a movie on real player and i was downloading in parallel (like i always do) suddenly my connection stops sending me data i try to open a webpage doesn't work either, i thought that maybe the isp provider has a problem but when i put my ip address on explorer it opens it download/upload ok, i put the username password on my modem nothing.

I'm having a broadband connection at 768kbs Zone Alarm suite, Service pack 2, Adware, Spybot search & destroy.
    The only way to solve this problem was to do a format and reinstall windows after that works but then after 7 hours again the same problem appears i was using flashget manager and i thought that might cause the problem it makes to many attacks but zone alarm seems to block them all, might missed something.

So once again i make another format (my pure disk) but i didn't install flashget this time i hope i won't have other problem...

My question is there any way through registry or a program that can prevent attacks like though i think named as denial of service.
    Sorry i write much and might confuse you but i couldn't explain it with any other way.

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Welcome to TSG....

What were you downloading and what program were you using to download with?

3. dbz1forever

I was downloading a torrent movie through flashget (very slow speed) so i use in parallel free download manager to download some videos from youtube.com i always do those things and i didn't have any problem till yesterday.

4. dbz1forever

My problem solved, i face the problem again but i had already installed internet explorer 7.0 which has a tool to fix connection problems, i use it i put the username and password on my modem and all was OK, thank you Microsoft.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!