Broadband driver missing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

alankearn

need a bit of help on this one please

When I started my computer this morning it part booted up and then a box appeared saying looking for usb driver telling me to click next and next finally "saying cannot find driver" not even describing the driver it cannot find . I did a scanreg restore to a previous date and got the same box appearing. I then noticed the broadband icon in the task bar was missing and I cannot get a connection to broadband.The Sagem broadband modem is ok showing two steady green lights,I cannot find the driver for my modem and I have tried Add and Remove procedure which does not supply a repair facility only a full install. I have the original installation CD. Can I reinstall over the Broadband installation that is already on my computer if so should I remove the usb cable connecting my modem to my computer before doing so or will I have to install the broadband program and start from scratch.

Thanks

Hi Alan, fellow yorkshireman.
Uninstall the bb modem in add/remove.
Then re-install making sure the usb is not connected. This what I have to do when I use the modem on other folks pc's when working on them and bypassing their dialup.
Once the disk is installed plug the usb in and all should be ok.
P.S Don't forget your username and password.
(y)
Wolfey

alankearn

Wolfeymole said:
Hi Alan, fellow yorkshireman.
Uninstall the bb modem in add/remove.
Then re-install making sure the usb is not connected. This what I have to do when I use the modem on other folks pc's when working on them and bypassing their dialup.
Once the disk is installed plug the usb in and all should be ok.
P.S Don't forget your username and password.
(y)
Wolfey
Wolfey
Greetings to a fellow Yorkshireman
Thanks for the advice but I think I have cured the problem I have just being messing about with the wiring at the back of the tower and it is now ok though I would not have thought this was a bad connection problem .I just hope it is not a heat induced problem .I will leave the computer switch on till tomorrow and keep my fingers crossed then uninstall/reinstall if the problem returns.

Thanks

Alan

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts