broadband help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mistry00

hi, i have ntl cable broadband connected to my computer using a modem and a ethernet cable. I have a laptop in another room which does not have any connection to broadband. How can i get the laptop connected to the internet at the same time as the computer. I dont really want wireless as i have heard it is slow, but i want to know what exactly i need to buy. Please tell where i can it it from and what it is called...thanks

broadband router.
Crossover cable (cat5) long enough to go from laptop to router.

If I was you I would buy a wireless router, they dont cost much more than wired, and turn off the wireless option. If you then ever wanted to use wireless in the future, you could.
(BTW. wireless isnt too bad over short distances)

You will need a router and ethernet cable.

Your correct in wireless being slower than ethernet head to head, but with a good connection....meaning wireless G, and short distance, will be faster than any broadband connection that you can get!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online