Broadcasting on Router2

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PatelShiv

I have 2 routers in the same LAN and everything is working fine, I can file share and print for any PC. What I do want to know is if my second router is broadcasting wireless signals or not as I really can't tell. And if it isn't, how can I enable the feature?

Oh and one more question, how can I port forward when I have 2 routers. Do I port forward on the main router or port forward on both of the routers?

Thanks!

TerryNet

Terry
What I do want to know is if my second router is broadcasting wireless signals or not as I really can't tell.
Login to the second router, see what the SSID is (or set it to a unique name), make sure the wireless mode and the SSID broadcast are enabled, and use a computer with a wireless adapter to see if you can detect the signal.

Oh and one more question, how can I port forward when I have 2 routers.
If they are in the same LAN, per your first sentence above, then only one is being used as a router (you have the other configured as ethernet switch and maybe wireless access point), and that is the one on which port forwarding is done.

If the routers are cascaded (LAN port of first connected to WAN port of second) then port forwarding must be done on both.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online