1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Broadcom wireless draft N

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by choche1, Jun 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. choche1

choche1 Thread Starter

Hello everyone. I have one hp tx1320us and a sony vaio laptops. They both have the wirelss draft n card, but the hp has one from Broadcom. My problem is that the hp after being on for about two or three hours, the internet connection starts becoming slow (very slow). I go to speakeasy and run some connection tests, and the results vary from 26k to 54k; my printer icon (lan printer) starts to disconnect and connect back also. The problem is I have a cable modem running at 7mpbs. I go to speakeasy again, but on the sony, and my full connection speed is there along with my desktop pc via ethernet.

After googling, I have discovered that the broadcom draft n cards are no good. Now, is there a possibility of swapping out the card with something else out there? Or is there something that can be done to fix it?

Also, after a reboot, the connection is back to normal and at full speed; the printer icon is also consistent. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/718935

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice