Broken audio Jack

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mzam4514

Hi, I broke a headphone plug in the jack, So i was fine by disable the jack using registry, However in windows 10 you cant do that.
So I tried to Install Realtek Audio Codecs , However , after rebooting my computer i cant find Realtek in my Control panel , Someone told me to try older version couldnt find one .

So my Question is do u know any program will let me disable the jack and use the speakers ? "if not"
Can you help me through the Realtek ?

Thanks in advance

Mustafa

Saturable

Mark
If you broke off the 3.5mm plug in the jack, is there no way of physically removing it? Or do you mean the entire jack is broken altogether? From what I understand, you have the plug end stuck in the jack, so the system thinks headphones are plugged in. Try this:

1.) Press the Windows key + R (alternatively, right click the start button and select control panel, and skip to step 3)
2.) Type in Control Panel
3.) Click Hardware and Sound (alternatively, if you have a sound icon in your taskbar, right click it and select playback devices, and skip to step 5)
4.) Click Sound
5.) Under the Playback tab, you may have a separate audio device for your headphone jack.
6.) If you do, make sure that Speakers are your default device by right clicking it and selecting Set as Default Device.
7.) If they already are, then your headphones and speakers are tied to the same input. If not, you should hear sound coming through your speakers.
8.) If this doesn't work, you've exhausted my knowledge as none of my current devices use Realtek. We'll have to wait for somebody with more knowledge regarding Realtek to proceed.

mzam4514

thanks for your help , Mark
however, headphones and speakers are tied to the same input and my computer recognizing the headphones still plugged in so the bulid in speakers will not work unless i disable the jack . there is a way to go around it i dont know

mzam4514

Thanks For fast Replay Saturable
Here the report
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) (10586.th2_release_sec.160527-1834)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC
BIOS: InsydeH2O Version 03.60.48F.1A
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8140MB RAM
Page File: 3925MB used, 5494MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: 11.1
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Not Available
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DxDiag Version: 10.00.10586.0000 64bit Unicode
-------------
Sound Devices
-------------
Description: Speakers (2- High Definition Audio Device)
Default Sound Playback: Yes
Default Voice Playback: Yes
Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_7605&SUBSYS_103C3388&REV_1001
Manufacturer ID: 1
Product ID: 65535
Type: WDM
Driver Name: HdAudio.sys
Driver Version: 10.00.10586.0000 (English)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
Date and Size: 10/29/2015 12:00:00 AM, 404480 bytes
Other Files:
Driver Provider: Microsoft
HW Accel Level: Basic
Cap Flags: 0xF1F
Min/Max Sample Rate: 100, 200000
Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 1, 0
Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0
HW Memory: 0
Voice Management: No
EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No
I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: No, No
Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): No

---------------------
Sound Capture Devices
---------------------
Description: Microphone (2- High Definition Audio Device)
Default Sound Capture: Yes
Default Voice Capture: Yes
Driver Name: HdAudio.sys
Driver Version: 10.00.10586.0000 (English)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Date and Size: 10/30/2015 04:17:18, 404480 bytes
Cap Flags: 0x1
Format Flags: 0xFFFFF

mzam4514

Yes it is HP Pavilion dv6-6c50us Entertainment Notebook PC.
Well i bought this computer 3-4 or even 5 years ago , I dont remember. and about the CD i dont have the box or the munal anymore so...... When i use Windows 7 i used to have realtek in my pc and disable the jack easily. Do you think Realtek is not supported in Windows 10 ?

Saturable

Mark
It should be supported; my device has it, but not all devices are the same.
Is there no way you can remove the broken plug? I assume you've tried everything you can.

Do you see Realtek in your system tray?
If not, what about in Programs and Features? If so, uninstall it and redownload the 64-bit version from here.

Update: Follow these steps again:
1.) Press the Windows key + R (alternatively, right click the start button and select control panel, and skip to step 3)
2.) Type in Control Panel
3.) Click Hardware and Sound (alternatively, if you have a sound icon in your taskbar, right click it and select playback devices, and skip to step 5)
4.) Click Sound
5.) Take a screenshot of the Playback tab and post it here.

mzam4514

It not in my Tray, Well, i remvoed it from my program files and reinstall the Realtek 64 bit from that site but still the same " and yes i run as admin and reboot my computer" . nothing i cant find realtek anywhere except the one in Programs and Features to uninstall it

mzam4514

Capture the.PNG
i forgat to attach that Here . the headphone called Speakers as well. Im sure of that because my model has to headphone jacks and one mic jack and tried the sconed one work but i dont wair headphone all the time

Saturable

Mark
Strange. Usually it'll tell you which audio driver your system is using underneath the device. Also, I don't think Realtek will work on your system, so there wouldn't be a way to proceed from there. I've looked around as well and I can't find a way to disable the audio jack in Windows 10. The only way would be to replace your audio jack, unless it's attached to the motherboard. Or, find a way to remove the broken plug.

mzam4514

Here This one is my audio driver info !! Btw i was using Realtek before in windows 7 with no problemCapture the 2.PNG

Saturable

Mark
Unless you can find a way to get Realtek to work, there doesn't seem to be a way to force playback through your speakers.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online