Broken CDRW

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Richter915

Hi, I have an HP pavilion PC and just today my CDRW drive refuses to close...I dunno what is wrong with it...it opened up fine but it only guys 1/4 of the way in and gets jammed up...is there anything I can do to fix this or do I have to get thsi replaced? Any help is appreciated, thanks a lot.

Just worth trying this - on the front you should find a very small hole; this is the release mechanism which allows for manual opening and closing. With the PC off insert a partly straightened paper clip into the small hole and press gently. You should find you can push and pull the tray (gently). Push/pull a few times and this might clear whatever is causing it to jam. Then start up and try it normally.

johnni

Richter915

johnni said:
Just worth trying this - on the front you should find a very small hole; this is the release mechanism which allows for manual opening and closing. With the PC off insert a partly straightened paper clip into the small hole and press gently. You should find you can push and pull the tray (gently). Push/pull a few times and this might clear whatever is causing it to jam. Then start up and try it normally.

johnni
thanks for the reply...I called up HP tech support and since I'm within their warranty...they're sending me another drive...I will be back in a week asking how to install a CD-RW...heh. Thanks again.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online