Broken ethernet drivers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Babydoll3133

Hello all :)

I am running a dual boot system - XP 64 and Windows 7 64. The XP boot has no problems, but on restart, my win7 cannot access the internet. I have to uninstall the drivers and restart to allow the drivers to be reinstalled before the network will connect.

I read somewhere that a Windows Update may be the problem. Does anyone know which update it could be so I can delete it or should I just remove everything? Perhaps there is another solution?

Thank you for your help.

Babydoll3133

Not until I delete the Ethernet drivers, restart windows, and allow it to install automatically.

Go to your motherboard manufacturer's site (if your ethernet is part of the mobo) and see if they have a newer driver. Sometimes the drivers supplied by Windows are old.

Babydoll3133

I've already downloaded the drivers from Asus and that didn't work. I also ran a complete virus scan and it isn't that.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online