1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Broken Gaming Headset!

Discussion in 'Games' started by mprain13, Apr 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mprain13

mprain13 Thread Starter

I was playing COD4 and i went to get food and i forgot that i had my headphones on.. they got caught in my chair and were pulled to the ground.. It wasnt the first time they'd dropped like that but i always checked to see if they were alright.. they werent this time.. the right side has stopped working and im guessing its a wire.. ive looked at other forums but i cant find a way to open them..

My headphones: Creative Fatal1ty MKII Gaming Headset

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    I have never been able to fix my headsets... i would recommend speaking to Creative to see if they can repair it for cheap.

If it's under warranty, set up a RMA ... but don't mention about the chair and ground... ;)

3. preciousss

preciousss

4. vaikepois

vaikepois

probably wire connection came off somewhere. It is very annoying to fix it. You have to find where it came off and then glue it together... but i recommend bu new headset. Because i had same problem and i fixed multiple times... so after few times i bought new headset. USB wireless headset best to avoid wire problems. But i like wire more.

Anyways
    1)Find the source and fix with glue
    2)Buy new ones.

5. mprain13

mprain13 Thread Starter

listen guys, all i want to know is how to open it up..

6. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    if you dont see any screws then the headsets are probably sealed. I would suggest contacting the manufacturer to be sure.

7. mprain13

mprain13 Thread Starter

ive tryed their forums.. no one ever answers..

8. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Customer Service - 800-998-1000, press 1 when recording begins.
    Technical Support - 405-742-6622

How to reach a live person:
    Press 1 at first menu
    Press 1 at second menu
    Select your product

9. mprain13

mprain13 Thread Starter

fyi im live in peru.. unless i have a blue box with me, im not gona bother calling..

10. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    ahh well that won't help then... you can try their email support.

11. mprain13

mprain13 Thread Starter

all i want to know is how to open them safely.. i dont need them fixed ( i can do that)

12. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    And the best place to ask is their techicial support... Like I mentioned it's most likely sealed up with no screws, but they can confirm that.

13. jbx47

jbx47

hey if you're still struggling with this, I have a creative Fatal1ty headset (just the plain version I think, not the MKII). Mine has been broken for a while now for the same reason as yours and I finally managed to get it open today although I wasn't able to fix my issue maybe my advice can help you get yours open...

On the inner side of the headset where the sound comes out from the speaker you can slide your finger underneath the cushion that lines the speaker. This surface is covered with a thin fabric but if you run your fingers around the speaker part you will find three small screw holes underneath the fabric. You have to work very slowly or else you'll miss it. Once you have found it you can simply unscrew them using a screw driver without piercing the fabric as the fabric can stretch a bit. Once these are loosened the speaker housing comes apart in two halves and you can see the wires inside.

This is how I opened mine and I assume the MKII will work on the same principle. Hope it helps.

14. mprain13

mprain13 Thread Starter

hey thanks jbx47,
    i was able to open my headset and check it out but i dont know what the hell is wrong with it.. im probably gona hire an electrical technician and tell you what he did..

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!