Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

broken laptop screen advice

763 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Gr3iz 
#1 ·
I aquired an Aspire 4720Z laptop that the screen had been stepped on. I removed the screen (smashed on mid right side), but before removing (and after), I connected it to 2 different monitors--nothing appeared on either-black, power LED just blinks on/off although the computer sounds like it's working, lights come on, hear the drive , etc. I tried Fn +F8 and all other suggestions I could find, nothing. The laptop screen shows zero, not faded, nothing.Vusually, the inverter looks OK, no signs of anything else. Any suggestions as what to check/how to check while i have the screen off, what's next? --failure with the other 2 monitors bothers me.

#2 ·
When you hit the Fn+F8, did you wait a few seconds, then hit the combination again?

Make sure there isn't a small pin poking through near the hinge area above the keyboard that may be stuck (from being stepped on). This pin activates a switch when the lid is closed. (Some systems use a different method.) If there is a pin, be sure it works freely, is not stuck.

If the system was closed when the LCD was stepped on, it could have suffered damage under the keyboard, the video section of the motherboard, perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.