Broken laptop screen help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Dan21

I broke my laptop screen by dropping some heavy headphones one it. It's an MSI gaming laptop. The repair company (Domestic and General who are linked with Ologic LTD) that insured laptop say it is beyond repair and I must get a replacement laptop. Is it not possible to replace the bezel and screen? Is it really possibly to completely total a good laptop just by breaking the screen? Shall I just get the laptop back and pay the £120 for MSI to possibly fix it? Any help will be appreciated.

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Hi and welcome to TSG.

Yes it should be perfectly possible to replace the screen and bezel, I suspect the insurance company is trying to wriggle out of paying for it.

I would get the laptop back and get a quote from a computer repair shop and send it to the insurance company.

If all else fails then if MSI will fix it for £120 that's not a bad deal.

Dan21

Hi and welcome to TSG.

Yes it should be perfectly possible to replace the screen and bezel, I suspect the insurance company is trying to wriggle out of paying for it.

I would get the laptop back and get a quote from a computer repair shop and send it to the insurance company.

If all else fails then if MSI will fix it for £120 that's not a bad deal.
I appreciate ur response. Thank you m8. Yeah i think im just gonna ask them to give it back to me and send it off to MSI. However, do u think it is possible to damage a screen so bad that the entire laptop isnt repairable?

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I can't rule it out completely but I've never heard of that happening.

If the insurance only covers repair and not replacement then I think they are trying it on mate.

Dan21

I can't rule it out completely but I've never heard of that happening.

If the insurance only covers repair and not replacement then I think they are trying it on mate.
They told me that i will receive some money (enough to buy a laptop with similar specs). I got it from Argos, who work with Domestic and General for their breakdown cover. Its quite disappointing that they are claiming that there isnt a fix. Thanks for your input, i really needed another voice to talk to about this issue.

Btw, from a Man U fan, pains me to say, but u guys deserve the title lol. What a seasonfor u lot.

Dan21

Just got told that they will be sending me a £650 voucher to replace my £1100 laptop. Absolute joke. Cancelling the whole thing and sending it to MSI. £200 for useless warranty.

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Thanks for the title comment, I know that must have been very difficult for you to type. ;)
Sometimes it does seem like we are jinxed though. Looks like the footy might restart in June, hope so and we can finally win the bloody thing.

Can you get the voucher and the laptop back ? Hopefully you can and then spend the voucher on something else and get the laptop fixed by MSI for £120.

Anyhow good luck with it and if you get the chance please let me know how it goes.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online