Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Broken Laptop Screen - Please Help!

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  JohnWill 
#1 ·
Ok Im not sure where to start really but if anyone could help me i would be very greatful :)

i dropped my laptop ( ACER Aspire 5633WLMi, Aspire 5630 ) and now the screen is broken, half of it has gone black and cracked and im not sure how to fix this.
any advice / tips etc anyone?

Many Thanks,
Blue ;) x

#2 ·
Hi Blue, and welcome to TSG.

The display screen is replaceable. It can be a do-it-yourself project if you have some basic tools and don't have a problem with taking the computer apart and, more importantly, putting it back together correctly. A Google search for the computer model number and the word screen should find someone selling them.

#5 ·
Sadly to say, the LCD is the most expensive part of most laptops, and even if you do it yourself, you may not find a replacement for less than 200 dollars.

A good bet is to find someone selling the same or nearly the same laptop with, say, a dead motherboard but a good screen. Otherwise, as sflwebguy said, E-Bay can be helpful--just pay attention to seller ratings!

#6 ·
Check eBay, many times you can find spare parts there.

If you can't find the screen for a good price, I'd be looking into a replacement laptop, you can have a pretty nice laptop for $500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.