1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Broken links error in Musicmatch Jukebox Plus 10.00.2047b

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by steve-b, Jul 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. steve-b

steve-b Thread Starter

Can anyone help please, I have been using the above software for a while now and it does play tracks very well and I do have an extensive library built up over some time, now when I am adding a track to the playlist and then play it that works fine but then when adding a further track to the same playlist it then displays a broken link which I am not able to repair with the built in repair option, this also happens when I have got several tracks in the playlist and then try to remove one and the same broken links problems pops up again.

The OS is Win XP Pro

Many thanks in advance

Steve-b :confused:

2. stantley

stantley

Have you run the Repair Broken Links for the whole library and does it come up clean? How are you adding files to the playlist? Are these tracks in the MM library?

Where are the files located, the c drive, another internal drive or an external drive?

3. steve-b

steve-b Thread Starter

Hi, thanks for your reply, this is a friend of mine who has the problem, he has been adding a couple of tracks to the playlist and then starting to play a track and then trying to add or remove certain tracks, he hasn't tried running the repair links on the whole library as it only seems to brerak the links when adding or removing tracks from playlist, and from what I could see the tracks are definitely in the MM library and stored on the 'C' drive

Many thanks

4. stantley

stantley

Run Repair Broken Links on the whole library to make sure there aren't any.

Tell your friend to post his question here. It would be easier if I could ask questions directly to him rather than going through a third party.

5. johnmendoza

johnmendoza

I do not know how to use the repair broken links on my jukebox plus. It shows one song at a time then goes to another screen can you walk me through to repair the broken links

6. johnmendoza

johnmendoza

i am using windows XP My musicmatch jukebox plus will not work. i have loaded hundreds of songs that will not play. I have broken link on the whole library. when i go to repair broken link and press fix it. it goes to another screen. I don't know to complete this process can anyone help

7. stantley

stantley

Since you have many files that won't play it would be better to rebuild the whole library rather than use repair broken links. Select all of the tracks in the library and remove.

Then put all the music files back into the library. The easiest way is to select all of your music folders in Windows Explorer, then drag-and-drop them into the MM library.

BTW, what version of Musicmatch are you using?

8. johnmendoza

johnmendoza

I was e mailed that dell musicmatch jukebox is out of business. can i take the music i have on it and move it to another program and if so how do I do it?

9. stantley

stantley

Yes, Musicmatch was bought by Yahoo a couple years ago and the Yahoo Jukebox isn't very good compared to Musicmatch.

Many ex-Musicmatch users have moved on to MediaMonkey. I would uninstall Musicmatch first, install MediaMonkey, then drag-and-drop all of your music files into the MediaMonkey library.

All of the Artist/Album/Track information is stored inside the files so the new MediaMonkey library will then have all of that data.

10. johnmendoza

johnmendoza

Will I be able to save the 853 sings i have on MUsicmatch jukebox plus 10? I am iliterate to this process. What are to steps to saving this music with the broken links and putting in the media monkey

11. johnmendoza

johnmendoza

Thanks for your help

12. stantley

stantley

What version of Musicmatch do you have? Do you have the Musicmatch Plus key or the 'All Future Versions' key? Are your song files in Mp3 format?

13. johnmendoza

johnmendoza

Musicmatch jukebox plus 10 i have MP3 & WAV

14. stantley

stantley

Well then I would at least try to get Musicmatch working before you get rid of it.

Follow the directions I gave you in post #7 of this thread. Empty out the library and rebuild it.

15. johnmendoza

johnmendoza

your telling to remove all the music. where does it go when you use that option. Where is windows explorer? sorry i am just so iliterate when it comes to this kind of stuff.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/593329

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice