1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

broken monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by conor75, Jan 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. conor75

conor75 Thread Starter

Hi,

Hopefully if there are any replies to my question (which will be greatly appreciated) I'll still be able to see them!

Over the past few days my monitor performance has constantly deteriorated. Initially the screen colour became blurred and occasionally colour was lost altogether. This was rectified by an occassional tap on the side/back/top of the monitor. Following this the need for physical action against the monitor became increasingly necessary, eventually the display reduced to being very dark, black and white. It no longer reacts to any hits being administered against the side.

I am guessing this is the sign of the monitor on its way out. Have checked cables, unplugged/replugged the computer, checked the device manager etc with no success. I do not have a second monitor here to try on the computer. The monitor is a Packard Bell
    A727 (CRT).

Cheers

2. jackdw

jackdw

It seems like a screen issue. How old is it? I just got a good eight years out of my old CRT. Still works today just I went to TFT voluntarily.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

It seems pretty obvious that you need a new monitor. :)

4. conor75

conor75 Thread Starter

Thank you for taking the time to reply, the monitor is 5 years old now. Looks like a tour around electric retailers at the weekend - an un-needed expense for January !

Regards.

5. jackdw

jackdw

I'd reccomend a TFT flastscreen. It will porbably pay you back in saved money on your power bill.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/535799

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice