1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Broken pci-ex16 slot or graphic card issues!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by baller87, Dec 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. baller87

baller87 Thread Starter

I just placed a 7900gtx on a fairly old computer. I connected the card with the extra power cable and everything but as soon as i start the computer i get no picture, there's nothing on screen. The fan on the card is spinning and i can feel it getting warm, also i hear the loading sound through speakers so window loads up fine. I have an integrated graphic card so my computer is still usable, but i can't game or anything with it. I was just wondering if its the card or the pci-ex16 slot thats broken.

my specs, its an mdg computer

intel motherboard, d101ggc http://www.intel.com/products/motherboard/d101ggc/index.htm

2gb of ram ddr400
    500watt power supply with 28a on the 12v rail
    250gb hardrive
    18X DVD-RW drive

2. steven1350

steven1350

try disabling the onboard graphics in the bios, see if anything changes.

**PS - I love those MDG's. I'm using a VisionBook as we speak

Also, keep track of your keystrokes (or locates the CMOS reset button) in case it still doesnt work, and you are unable to see anything at all

3. baller87

baller87 Thread Starter

i did try disabling my onboard card, the problem was still there

i can't stand mdg's they ripped me off, bought a $800 computer that i couldve gotten build for 500

4. steven1350

steven1350

true enough bout the $500.

But with all manufactors like HP, Dell, etc.... this is generally also the case.

Back to the problem, go back to the place you bought the card from, and get an exchange. Say that the card doesnt work. If the newer one still wont work, the your PCI-e might have problems

5. baller87

baller87 Thread Starter

yea i'll try that

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/661754

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice