Broken screen. Stuck in safe mode from misconfiguration.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Luckyclucker

I broke my laptop's screen been using my computer with my TV via hdmi. Needed to boot in safe mode and decided I'd go to msconfig and set it to boot in safe mode til I was done. Problem is, my computer doesn't send signal to external monitors while in safe mode and now I'm stuck unable to use my computer. I was wondering if there was someone with a functional computer who could set it up as mine is, and tell me EXACT keystrokes to disable safe mode once enabled, including all dialogue boxes and timers. Then how to apply these settings and navigate back to the start menu and restart. I've tried two separate ways I've found and neither did the trick. At a loss here

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
May I suggest two alternate ways you maybe able to recover from your situation?

1) Does your laptop have a video mode function key that lets you cycle between the internal and external display?If so, it may still work in safe mode.

2) Start tapping the F8 function key as soon as you reboot or power up the laptop. You should get a boot option menu that may show on the external display.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online