1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Broken Sony LCD Screen - my fault?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Andreas2011, Dec 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Andreas2011

Andreas2011 Thread Starter

Dear all,

My 8 months old Sony Vaio Z laptop is broken. The screen has gone completely black.

Sony says it my own fault and won't let the warrenty cover it. They says it coursed by a "fysical damage". But it happened while I was sitting in the couch opening the computer, which I think is normal use.

I think the enclosed images (provided by Sony) supports my case, showing that the damage happened in the lover corner of the screen exactly where you normally open / adjust the screen with your thumbs.

What do you think?

Thanks,

Andreas

Attached Files:

2. SimonE1

SimonE1

To be honest it looks like you've pressed the screen to hard or put some weight on it. That can't happen from day to day use really.

3. valis

valis Moderator

bottom line, it's up to the mfg to make that call. If they say it falls outside of the warranty limitations, then there isn't a lot you can do except talk to them.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    That definitely would not happen under normal use, I could see that happening if the laptop was opened at an awkward angle or if the hinges were damaged - which if true should have been addressed earlier. It'll be hard to justify that a crack in an LCD happened during normal use.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031021

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice