1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Broken Sword-Angel of Death

Discussion in 'Games' started by Kinrevel, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Kinrevel

Kinrevel Thread Starter

Please can anyone help? I had a new Graphics Card installed ( ATI Radeon 9600 Pro ) so that I could Download the Game Broken Sword Angel of Death onto my computer. This was fine but the game will not play properly .The Mouse pointer jerks about all over the screen and I dont have much control over it.This of course makes it impossible to play!
    Is the Graphics card compatable? If not what ones definitely are? The one given on the list from the makers of the game do not appear to be still available and I know nothing about Graphics cards or much else for that matter!
    Is there someone who plays this game can tell me what they have? Or if they know how to solve this problem? I would be very grateful I have been getting so frustrated. My computer has been checked and dxdiag done and no problem there,so maybe its Graphics card?

2. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

3. Kinrevel

Kinrevel Thread Starter

done that,says congratulations your system passes the recommended requirements you should have a great experience running this product!
    It says Pass for CD ROM Drive but cannot analyze speed. I am aware that the driver for this is probably out of date but how do I update it? and could this be the problem?

4. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

you say you downloaded it .. where from please ???? or did you mean install
    Have you got the game install disc and have you updated and patched it

5. Kinrevel

Kinrevel Thread Starter

sorry, yes I installed it from the Disc and I have downloaded the patch from THQ Site and installed that.

6. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

7. Kinrevel

Kinrevel Thread Starter

I know I've been there and done that and still no joy I am really frustrated over this,I dont know what else to do It is only this game I have the problem with.

8. Kinrevel

Kinrevel Thread Starter

Can anyone suggest anything that may help????

9. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

I havent forgot about you :D
    what version direct x are you running and have you updated your graphics card

also try defragmenting your hard drive and how much memory do you have .. these newer games eat it for breakfast

also try reducing the textures to medium .. play with the settings in the game and see if it helps ..

10. Kinrevel

Kinrevel Thread Starter

Direct X 9.0 comes with the game.
    Have done defrag and disc cleanup Have 512 RAM and have just over half Free Space. Have used game settings and tried reducing textures but doesnt work.
    Occasionally the game will run o.k for a minute or two but then I have difficulty moving the mouse it jerks everywhere and will not go where you want it to.
    Sorry to shoot down everything you suggest,but short of changing the Graphics card(which despite the compatability test) I still think may not be good enough I do not know what else to try.But obviously I do not want to go to the expense of replacing a near new Graphics card if it will not cure the problem!! I was hoping that someone could solve the problem without having to gamble on spending more money out.
    I really do appreciate your help tho'

11. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

I have drawn a blank so i am going to ask for some help for you ...

12. Kinrevel

Kinrevel Thread Starter

ok Thanks

13. Kinrevel

Kinrevel Thread Starter

Has anyone got any more suggestions pleeeeeese?

14. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    yeah here are 2 suggestions:

1) be patient :)

2) find out if the problem happens in other games like that.

15. Kinrevel

Kinrevel Thread Starter

Sorry,I dont mean to be impatient,but I have been trying to sort this since the New Year and I must admit I have gotten a little frustrated.I do appreciate any help given tho'
    The only other game I have that requires a direct X 9.0 compatable card is TUNGUSKA and plays o.k My other games are all older and lower spec . What similar game should I try?

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/544241

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice