1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Broken USB port on laptop, only port

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sunshine24, Jul 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunshine24

sunshine24 Thread Starter

I have had the worse luck with this laptop, the most recent problem that I'm experiencing is I tripped over my printer cord and ripped out the plastic tab inside the USB port. :mad: I know that I can't fix it on my own, but I would like to know how much this problem will cost to fix. I've called around to ask about repair costs and everyone keeps saying I need to bring it in for an estimate. But I need my computer for work and can't leave it overnight. They say that it can be repaired one of two ways, either the manufacturer has a separate card that can just be replaced or it actually has to be manually repaired. I just want a general estimate for how much it would run for either/both ways it could be repaired, as well as how much it runs for labor costs.

Also the memory card reader has not worked since January, I know thats not related but I'm just wondering if there is some defect in the ports.... or if I'm just destructive.

I have a Compaq Presario CQ60 that was purchased in March 2009, if that is helpful in finding out which way it should be repaired.

Thank you!!!

2. Hughv

Hughv

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/933860

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice