1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Brother MFC 210C driver question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by penmark, Jan 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. penmark

penmark Thread Starter

I'm trying to install my Brother MFC 210C printer, which is attached, via USB, to a desktop running XP Home, and which is one of my wireless network printers, to another computer on the network - a laptop running XP Home. I don't have the Brother installation CD. I was prompted for a file called bmf210c.ppd - i couldn't locate it anywhere. Any help appreciated.

Mark

2. CarlssonMB

CarlssonMB

3. Jay_JWLH

Jay_JWLH

Ive got the CD, ill search it to see if there is such a file on there.

If CarlssonMB's method gives a much more instant result tell me.

4. penmark

penmark Thread Starter

thanks. let me know.

5. Jay_JWLH

Jay_JWLH

Nah i didnt manage to find such a file. Although has this got much to do with printer sharing over a network?

6. Jay_JWLH

Jay_JWLH

Wait wait, i found something already installed onto my hard drive called brmf210c.ppd (notice the extra 'r' in it?). Is that what you were looking for? If so then its likely the computer was asking for a installed file on your computer. For me it installed along the pathway C:\Brother\BrDriver\MfcXP\brmf210c.ppd

7. Jay_JWLH

Jay_JWLH

8. penmark

penmark Thread Starter

thanks to both of you. i tried the driver noted, but it didn't work. then i found that file with the r (my mistake, the r seemed to blend with the m), put it on my desktop, and when i was prompted for the path for the file, it wouldn't accept the path and kept prompting me for it. I'm about to give up and call Brother in the morning.

9. Jay_JWLH

Jay_JWLH

Well i would share the CD's contents with you but its nearly 600mb in size. If it helps, i did find my CD in a special little case that has a transperent front, and a soft clear like cloth. Sorry if it looks a bit horrible, but ive got an example image. This information will help if you want to search for it.

Attached Files:

• file.jpg
      file.jpg
      File size:
      14.6 KB
      Views:
  10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/434441

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice