1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Brother MFC-420cn all in one printer problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pbee, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pbee

pbee Thread Starter

My Brother MFC-420cn has an error message that says "Unable to Clean". As a result, it won't print, fax, scan, etc. I've tried everything I can, but nothing has worked, and the Brother documentation is insufficient. What can I do to either get it to clean, ir override the cleaning function?

2. Megabite

Megabite

Is this a new printer and has it worked before?

3. pbee

pbee Thread Starter

Yes, it's at least 4 yrs. old -- I printed something yesterday, and it was fine...this morning it had the error message.

4. Gnomad

Gnomad

That error message either points to a hardware problem or a paper jam or something stuck inside. Also you can try to disconnect from power source for a couple of minutes and see if it clears the error message.

5. pbee

pbee Thread Starter

Nothing is jammed (I checked everywhere), and I disconnected for 20 minutes, but that didn't help either. Does that mean it's a hardware problem, and if so, is there anything I can do?

6. jazz3000

jazz3000

Did you try a new install? Did you check the cables? Jazz

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/776692

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice