1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Brother Multifunction Center Error Message on Scanning

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by John3498, Jul 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. John3498

John3498 Thread Starter

I have a Brother MFC-460C multifunction Centre. every time i open the controlcenter3 and attempt to perform a function (copy scan or Fax) I get the following error message

'brccMCtl.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

I have gone into registry and deleted all other conflicting devices from twain, I have removed virus scanners before instillation.
    The install works on my other peer computer in L.A.N peer to peer set up.

2. beifert

beifert

I fixed a computer with this problem by removing Kodak camera software. You should check for any imaging software that is not installed by the Brother installation. Simply removing the device does not always help. Some other peice of software is conflicting.

3. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
  4. beifert

beifert

The printer on the system I workied on was a MFC-8480 DN. In my case the error was caused by a conflict between the "Control Center 3" portion of Brother's software and the Kodak software already installed on the computer. Removing the Kodak software solved the problem.

Control Center 3 is used by a variety of printer models. The original poster's model # may have been wrong.

5. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Beifert,
    We need the information from the OP, not you, as we are trying to help the OP with their problem.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/843048

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice