1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Brother Printer Not Printing Yellow Ink

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by iceblade2097, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceblade2097

iceblade2097 Thread Starter

I have a ink jet Brother mfc240c printer. Recently it stopped printing yellow ink. I replaced the cartridge and still no yellow ink comes out on print outs. All other colors print fine (black, cyan magenta), just not the yellow.

I have tried cleaning the print heads and a deep power clean, through the menus on the printer itself. The ink monitor shows all ink levels to be full.

I am using compatible brother ink cartridges and haven't had an issues out of them for the 3+ years I have owned the printer. Any ideas on how to get the yellow to print again? I talked to Brother tech support and they said they could only help me after I had bought "genuine Brother ink" and was hoping the forum here had some suggestions of things I can try before buying some "genuine Brother ink".

Thanks for the help.

2. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    Don't know much about printers myself, but if I wanted to get this fixed I would probably just phone up Brother but tell them its genuine ink, they won't know any different. If they want to take it in to look at just say no, it wil cost you anyway if its 3+ years old and would probably be cheaper to replace it anyway.

3. iceblade2097

iceblade2097 Thread Starter

I did call them unfortunately they ask for the serial code on the back of every genuine brother ink cartridge.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972707

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice